When I was much younger I would hear terms such as ‘God-fearing Christian’, ‘God-fearing American’ ‘God-fearing person’ or ‘God-fearing People’ and I would instantly think, as if I had undergone Pavlovian conditioning at an early age, we are a race of sinners who have to be on constant guard against our weaker selves. Life unfolded along unseen paths, as life is want to do I, and began to sense an uneasiness deep within myself whenever I heard the above phrases. Again I thought or, more precisely, I felt I must be much worse than I had first believed. Even that did not sit right within me though I could not have told you why. I began, perhaps to exonerate myself, to reconsider the notions of original sin and karma. Original sin made absolutely no sense to me and karma, well karma appeared to have become even more homogenized than the milk we drank by the gallon.
Life took an even larger unexpected turn when I was introduced to Energy Healing and reacquainted with Spirituality – true spirituality rather than the homogenized version of the modern technological society which I had chosen to be born into. (To clarify, I have not just discovered the word ‘homogenized’ for this word, rather ironically or perhaps as a foreshadowing, has been proudly stamped on milk cartons since my early childhood and I am only now beginning to sense the depths of its insidiousness.) These two introductions turned out to be momentous occasions in my life, occasions that, in the serenity of their arrival, I almost missed. Spirituality, which had made sporadic appeals to me through the years, appeals I had basically ignored, was able to finally take root in my heart as both Energy Healing and my wife’s tenacity opened me up enough to allow a partial lowering of the walls I had so stoically built around myself. Absolutes, at least in my case, were the foundations of choice by my ego and it did not relinquish them willingly. Working with the energy on a daily basis with people and animals really drove home the fact, as I have stated repeatedly, that we all, everything, are made from the same energy. The commonality of that energy (an absolute – if you will humour me) is simple. Deep in the core of everyone, every animal, bird or plant, I have had the honour to work with is Love; patient, unconditional, non-judgmental, all forgiving, infinite Love. The only stipulations I have been able to ascertain is that this Love wants to give and receive equally within its totality; God is Love and Love is God. This simple statement resonates in my heart with a certainty that is unshakable and I know that any term, label or name that pairs the words ‘God’ and ‘fearing’ together represents a misinterpretation of the true nature of God and of ourselves. In accordance with Spirit, the term should always be God-Loving. I know I for one am a God-Loving person.
Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Awakening to your full potential
People who come to see me for Angel Therapy generally fall into one of the following seven categories. What I have discovered is that a person can go through these levels in almost any order. For instance, a person could cycle back to the first level (the Catalyst) after every subsequent level. That’s because we all awaken in our own way, at our own pace. Some people need multiple catalysts in order to fully own their spiritual power whereas others may skip several stages and end up living the life their soul intended without having gone through the same trials. At whichever stage you find yourself, trust that you are exactly where you need to be at this time. Also know that if you repeat a certain stage, you are helping to solidify the lesson.
A life-change, paradigm-shifting event jolts you awake. Alternatively, a series of gentler, minor awakenings occur until you are fully awake and aware.
- Near-death experience
- Life-threatening illness
- Depression / Break-down
- Spirit visitation
- Meeting one’s soulmate
- Disbelief, shock and awe - Having a hard time believing it happened
- Fear – Not understanding what’s happening
A Shift in Perception
You begin to see things differently and that alters how you perceive your life.
- Job dissatisfaction
- Relationship issues / Longing for Soulmate
- Desire to move / Needing a change of scenery
- Loss of interest in hobbies
- Questioning the status quo
- Discomfort – Your life no longer feels like it ‘fits’ you.
- Confusion – You’re unclear about what is happening, and you don’t know how to deal with it.
Journey of Discovery
Your field of awareness expands, and new information streams in.
- Premonitions and hunches come true
- Prophetic dreams and visions
- Seeing and hearing things that others don’t
- Thrills and Chills – Feeling titillated, but also a bit frightened, each time you connection with the spirit realm
- Isolation – Not feeling comfortable sharing your experiences with friends and family, and not knowing where to turn for help or guidance
Seeking to Understand
You begin to see magic in the mundane.
- Thirst for spiritual knowledge
- Voracious reading
- Seeking likeminded individuals with whom to share your experiences
- Going to psychics and intuitives for readings
- Attending classes and workshops
- Traveling to Sacred Places (i.e. Sedona, Manchu Picchu, Stonehenge)
- Seeking your true purpose
- Excitement, joy, exhilaration – Craving more experiences, and wanting to share your experiences.
- Impatience – Feeling like you can’t learn fast enough!
Developing Your Spiritual Gifts
You begin to consciously seek a deeper connection with Source.
- Doing Qigong, yoga, or another form of mindful activity
- Creating (i.e. painting, writing, singing, etc.)
- Studying healing modalities (i.e. Reiki or Chios)
- Honing your intuition (i.e. doing your own angel card readings)
- Strengthening your relationship with your spiritual guides
- Wanting to heal the world
- Joy – Feeling the reconnection with your higher self and Source
- Eagerness – Wanting to share your gifts with others
Owning Your Spiritual Gifts
You start to trust your connection with Source.
- Answering your own questions and healing yourself
- Teaching, mentoring, guiding and healing others
- Pruning and purging outmoded beliefs
- Eliminating stress (i.e. change of job or relationship)
- Living with integrity and speaking your truth
- Being your own role model and forging your own, unique path
- Happiness – Being able to help yourself and others
- Confidence – Knowing you are on the right path
Reintegrating with your Soul
You begin to manifest a life that is in true alignment with your highest self.
- Loss of previous fears, interests and desires
- Letting go of the need to control, worry, and plan; living more fully in the Now
- Creating, playing and laughing with childlike abandon
- Thinking about life outside of 3-D Earth
- Peacefulness – Finding that inner stillness
- Detachment – You are no longer as wrapped up in the drama of ego
Love and light,
Image: markuso / FreeDigitalPhotos.net